At LeaderSHIFT, we help organizations thrive through the influence of their leaders.
LeaderSHIFT brings you real-world business and communication insights combined with proven performance in the areas of targeted assessments, learner-focused and performance-based training, co-active coaching and strategic planning. We specialize in helping our clients navigate the transitions that are caused by change.
My specialties include strategies that help you to:
- Translate your day-to-day operating practices into an organizational vision, mission and values that help you deliver your business results
- Integrate systems, structures, processes and procedures
- Manage your priorities with customized organizational strategies
- Develop effective business communication skills
- Organizational Change Agent experienced in leading organizational culture change since 1985, working with The Glidden Company (ICI Paints North America), Avery Dennison Materials Group North America, Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) Division of Safety and Hygiene and as an independent consultant since 2000.
- Workplace Health and Safety Expert with over 20 years experience that includes both the technical aspects, as a staff specialist, as well as the business and management issues, as a director with international responsibilities.
- Leadership Development Specialist working with groups across the United States, Canada, Mexico, the U.K. and Central and South America to develop the management and leadership skills needed to achieve sustainable business results.
- Strategic Planning Advisor adept at facilitating group processes like crafting vision, mission and values; establishing business goals and objectives and developing systems, structures, processes and procedures.
- Training Designer skilled at translating workforce needs into training solutions. Author of 35 original training programs since 1983, including 20 with my partner, Maia Beatty, with topics ranging from the technical application of health and safety to leadership development.
- Cum Laude Graduate of Bowling Green State University with a BS in Environmental Health.
- Certified Facilitator for Inscape Publishing DiSC/Indra, FranklinCovey’s Four Roles of Leadership, Edge Learning Institute’s Increasing Human Effectiveness and DDI Learning Systems.
I bring you real-world business and communication instincts combined with proven performance in the areas of targeted assessments, learner-focused and performance-based training, co-active coaching and strategic planning.
“LeaderSHIFT put the icing on our cake. We have run two successful franchises for the past two years, but Maia and Darla took us to a new level. They helped us craft our corporate vision, mission and values and improve our relationships with our managers. We have increased our ability to grow the business in ways we only dreamed possible before.”
Jonathan Slain and
Owners, Fitness Together Chagrin Falls and Hudson, Ohio
“They are masters of learner-focused, performance-based training.
“In the classroom, their sessions kept everyone engaged and participating. More than six months later the participants continue to use the strategies they learned from LeaderSHIFT.
“As a result of this training the conversations that are happening between the Executives and the Emerging Leaders are transforming our organization.”
VP, Human Resources
Lauren International, Inc.